Emergency measures for careless water inflow of generator for environmental protection in rainy season
In summer, there are continuous torrential rain, and some of the environmental protection generators used outdoors are not covered timely in rainy days. If the diesel generator set is wet, do not take care of it in time. It will cause rust, corrosion and damage of generator set. When the circuit is damped by water, the insulation resistance is reduced, and there is a risk of breakdown and short circuit burning. Thus, the service life of generator set is shortened. So how to do after the diesel generator set is wet by rain?
1. First, wash the surface of diesel engine with water to remove soil and debris. Then use metal cleaning agent or washing powder to remove the surface oil.
2. Support one end of the diesel engine so that the oil drain part of the oil pan is at a lower position. Screw the drain plug and pull out the oil dipstick to make the water in the oil pan flow out by itself. When the flow is just about to drain the oil, let the oil and water drain part together, and then screw on the drain plug.
3. Remove the air filter of diesel generator set. Remove the upper shell of the filter, take out the filter element and other components, and remove the water in the filter. Clean all parts with metal cleaner or diesel oil. The filter is made of plastic foam. Wash it with detergent or soapy water (prohibit petrol). Then rinse with water and dry. Then soak in proper amount of engine oil (squeeze dry by hand after immersion). When replacing the new filter, oil immersion should be carried out as well. The filter element is made of paper and should be replaced with a new one. After cleaning and drying all parts of the filter, install them as required.
100kw diesel generator
|Thank you for your inquiry,we will do you our best to provide high-quality products and
full range of servicess!!
4. Remove the intake and exhaust pipes and muffler, and drain the internal water. Turn on the decompression and rotate the diesel engine to see if there is water discharged from the intake and exhaust ports. If there is water discharged, continue to rotate the crankshaft until the water in the cylinder is completely drained. Install the intake and exhaust pipes and muffler, and add a little oil into the air inlet. Rotate the crankshaft several times and install the air cleaner. If the water intake time of diesel engine is long, the flywheel is difficult to rotate. It indicates that the cylinder liner and piston ring have been rusted and should be removed for derusting. Assemble after cleaning, and replace the rusty ones in time.
5. Remove the oil tank and drain all the oil and water in it. Check whether there is water in the diesel filter and oil pipe. If there is water, drain it. Clean the oil tank and diesel filter, and then replace them. Connect the oil circuit and add clean diesel oil into the tank.
6. Discharge the sewage from the water tank and water channel, and clean the water channel. Add clean river water or boiled well water until the water float rises. Turn on the throttle switch and start the diesel engine. Cummins generator set manufacturers suggest that the engine oil indicator should be observed after starting. Listen to the diesel engine of diesel generator set for abnormal noise. After checking whether all parts are normal, run in the diesel engine. The running in sequence is idling first, then medium speed and then high speed, and the running time is 5 minutes respectively. After running in, stop and drain the oil. Add new oil and start the diesel engine. After running at medium speed for 5 minutes, it can be used normally.
Take the above six steps to comprehensively inspect the unit. It will effectively restore the diesel generator set to a better state and eliminate the potential safety hazard in future use. Diesel generator set should be used indoors. If your generator set has to be used outdoors. Shelter work should be done at any time. In order to prevent unnecessary damage to diesel generator set due to rain and other weather.